Hanauma Bay Introductory Scuba Diving Tour
- Duration : 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
- Product code : HB
FOR LAST MINUTE RESERVATIONS OR TRIPS NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE PLEASE GIVE US A CALL AT (808) 436-3483
- Small Groups of no more than 4 divers per instructor
- Basic Scuba Safety Instruction
- In-Water Basic Skill Practice and Review
- Entrance Fee and Tram Ride to the Beach at Hanauma Bay
- Underwater Tour of Hanauma Bay's Coral Reef
Your Scuba Diving adventure at Hanauma Bay will start by meeting your Living Ocean Scuba dive instructor by the gift shop at Hanauma Bay.
We will have you sign your Discover Scuba Diving registration and medical forms and walk you to the entrance of the park (the entrance fee is included in our price) then send you in to see a 7 minute video about preserving Hanauma Bay.
This introductory video tells you about some of the marine species that we will encounter on our trip and gives some good guidelines to help keep Hanauma Bay beautiful (such as not touching or standing on the coral reef.) While you are watching the video your Scuba Instructor will be getting all of your equipment ready for you.
Once you are finished with the video your instructor will give you a thorough safety briefing that will cover Scuba equipment use, interacting with marine life, and hand signals. After your safety briefing you will get into the gear, ride the tram to the beach and head into waist deep water to get comfortable breathing underwater as well as practice a few skills that your Scuba Instructor went over with you in the briefing.
After completing the skills and experiencing SCUBA for the first time your instructor will take you on a tour to see all of the beautiful species of marine animals that live in Hanauma Bay!
- 10 Years of Age
- Prior review of Medical Questionnaire and Physician’s Approval if required.
- Fluent English
Check In Location:
Please meet us at the front entrance to Hanauma Bay, between the ticketing windows and the gift shop, at the tour start time that you reserved (7:30am or 1:15pm). You do not need to purchase your entrance tickets or stand in any lines. Parking at Hanauma Bay is $1 for the entire day. The parking lot is generally full from 8am-1pm, so if you are arriving early for your afternoon tour you may be turned away until the parking lot empties. If you have issues with parking after 1pm please give us a call. After you have completed the tour you are welcome to stay at Hanauma Bay and enjoy the beach for the remainder of the day at no additional charge.
7:30AM Morning Tour
- 7:30am Check in with Dive Instructor at Hanauma Bay
- 7:30-8:00am Sign Paperwork and watch Hanauma Bay Entrance Video
- 8:15-9:00am On-Land Scuba Diving Lesson & Getting into Equipment
- 9:15am Walk to tram to ride down to the beach
- 9:30am-10:30am In Water Scuba Diving Lesson and Underwater Tour
- 11:00am Check out of Hanauma Bay, Remove Scuba Gear and Dry off!
1:15PM Afternoon Tour
- 1:15pm Check in with Dive Instructor at Hanauma Bay
- 1:15pm-1:45pm Sign Paperwork and watch Hanauma Bay Entrance Video
- 2:00-2:45pm On-Land Scuba Diving Lesson & Getting into Equipment
- 2:45pm Walk to tram to ride down to the beach
- 3:00-4:00pm In Water Scuba Diving Lesson and Underwater Tour
- 4:30pm Check out of Hanauma Bay, Remove Scuba Gear and Dry off!
All rental is equipment is included free of charge (Everything you will need to try scuba diving)Rental equipment includes:
- 3mm Wetsuit
- Mask & Fins
What to Bring:
- Bottle of Water
- Swimsuit (Wear swimsuit to the trip)
- Instructor Gratuity (Optional)
What’s included on the tour:
- Hanauma Bay Entrance Fees
- Tram Fare for yourself and your SCUBA Equipment